BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Despite my best efforts...


...I cannot always control the irrationality that comes with being a girl. ;)

I spent much of yesterday afternoon feeling very proud, but kind of defeated in regards to my place in the PhD search. WHSjr seemed completely baffled as to my take on it...because he insisted I was first to find out aside from the people that were physically there. From my perspective, I had no phone call, no text messages and when I finally text messaged him, he said, "Didn't you see it posted on facebook?" I really was convinced that he took the time to past on facebook and didn't take the time to call me. Even though, if I had been rational, I would have known that not to be the case. But, the girlie brain just kind of takes over sometimes...despite my efforts to be rational. One of the benefits to hanging around mostly guys all my life is training myself to be a more rational person. Most of the time, I can examine my natural reaction to things and think, "That is totally irrational." and then I fight it. It saves me from having to apologize for stupid, rash and insane decision making later. ;) Unfortunately, I can't always fight it.

Today he told me that he had sent me a g-chat as soon as it was done. I hadn't been infront of my computer and was off preparing to celebrate with him...I never got the message. I was, infact, one of the first people he told. And last night, instead of going out and being a wild man (which he totally earned, by the way), he came home and we sat on the porch and chatted for a bit. And it was then that he said, "I want to thank you for everything." And with just that...my faith is restored that all of my stress and heartache over the past period of time did not go unseen. Oh Audrey...ye of little faith.

1 comments:

Becky C. said...

Love the blog Aud. And I adore the pic of you and your man. ;)