BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I greatly miss...


...my clothesline.

Maine has been drenched lately in an unending barrage of rainy weather. Aside from the general malaise that prolonged inclement weather can bring, it also brings with it many inconveniences.

-I've found myself letting laundry pile up, in hopes that I won't have to use my dryer.
-The grass has grown to an ungodly level, both due to the excessive rain as nourishment AND the fact that we can't mow the lawn while the grass is wet.
-Since my injury sustained during my May 4 mile race, I've been afraid of running in the rain or in wet situations. I know I need to get over it...but still.
-Alyssa is going freakin' nuts. The poor child has had limited outdoor time. I think tonight or tomorrow might be an official puddle jumping night for us. Just to get some of the crazy out. She's spent more time in the McDonald's playplace in the past week than I'd really like to think about.
-My sweet little tan that I'd started to develop has started to fade.
-There is so much standing water near our house that we'll be suffering a major influx of bugs and pests.
-WHSjr built a sweet little fire pit a few weeks back...and we've been completely unable to use it...
-Which brings me to grilling. Summer time is supposed to mean grill time!
-Two trips up mountains have been canceled due to the poor weather. I've yet to climb anything this 'summer'. NOT COOL.
-Not being able to leave the windows open for fear of rain getting into the house.
-I CAN'T FIND GALOSHES ANYWHERE!!! At least if I had a cute pair of galoshes I'd feel a little better about life.

But, there is one advantage: I have my beautiful umbrella from my friends at Bella Luna to keep me dry. If you are looking for a fun shop with big town flair and a local feel and hospitality...go visit Bella Luna. These umbrellas are to die for and they're very high quality. At only $30, they're an absolute steal.

I guess I'll suck it up for now and throw my clothes in the dryer. Rain, rain - go away.

0 comments: